Order of the Star Kingdom
The Order of the Star Kingdom (abbrev: OSK, formally named The Most Noble Order of the Star Kingdom) is an order of chivalry of the Star Kingdom of Manticore. It is the highest ranking of the five Manticoran orders and the only one of them which is hereditary. There are no known recipients of this order within the Honorverse canon. The only mention is that Brigadier General Dame Stephanie Harrington was offered this honor and declined it.
Within The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc., appointment to the Order of the Star Kingdom is awarded to recognize extraordinary and pre-eminent achievement or merit in service to the Honorverse or TRMN at large. Those awarded this order are permitted to use the prefix ‘Sir’ or ‘Dame’ and the post nominal letters of ‘KSK’. This order comes in only one class, Knight, and is hereditary (can be passed to the eldest offspring upon the death of the knight).
The Order of the Star Kingdom was first awarded 3 August 2013 at Shore Leave 35 in Hunt Valley, MD. At the end of the TRMN Annual General Meeting, an investiture ceremony was held in which David Weber and Martin Lessem were each in turn invested with a blue velvet mantle embroidered with the star of the order and then were dubbed with a sword. The sword used was of Grayson design and had been custom made for presentation to Weber. Lady Sharon Rice-Weber, then-Duchess of Leutzen Vale, stood in for the sovereign and dubbed David Weber. David Weber then dubbed Lessem.
Ribbon and Badge Design
Companions of the Order
- FADM (ret) Sir David Weber, KSK, GCR, GCGL, Grand Duke of New Montana, Prime Minister of the Star Kingdom, (HMS Duke of Cromarty)
- AotF Sir Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, RMN Duke of New Scania First Lord of the Admiralty, (Admiralty House)
- MotA (ret) Sir Robert J. Jackson, KSK, KDE, KCGL, MM, OCA, Duke of Karstadt Sea, Lord Speaker. (House of Lords)
- MotC Sir Sean Niemeyer, KSK, KCR, GS, RMMC, Duke of New Ulyanovsk, Commandant Royal Manticoran Marine Corps, (London Point)
- CSMCPO Sir William Lochen, KSK, OC, KR, KE, SC, NS, QBM, RMN Baron of La Mancha. (Bureau of Planning).
- RADM Sir Kim Niemeyer, KSK, KDE, SC, QBM, RMN Baron Bahia Cadiz, Fifth Space Lord. (Admiralty House)
- RADM Sir James J Jones, KSK, GCE, CR, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM, CBM, RMN, Baron Whidbey Basin, CO (Tenth Fleet).
- RADM Sir Matthew Parker, QCB, KSK, SC, OE, OG, RMN, Baron Camera Stellata, Judge Advocate General. (Admiralty House).
- ADM Dame Chrissy Killian, KSK, KCE, OCN, QBM, RMN. Countess of Fontana Flats, Chancellor of the Exchequer. (Admiralty House).
- FMSHL Dame Heather Selbe, AC, KSK, KE, MG, Baroness Blacksburg. Chief of Staff, RMA. (King William's Tower)
- Dame Amanda Barrow, KSK, OGL, MR, CGM, PC. Chief of Staff to the Home Secretary, Regent Star Kingdom University System.
|Awards of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Orders:||OSK - OKR - OGL - OQE - OM|
|Honors:|| Peerage - Unconquered - Valhalla |
Protector's Own - Privy Council
|Achievement:|| PMV - QCB - MC - OC - SC - DGC - OG- NS|
DSO - MT - CGM - GS - OCN - QBM - SXC
RHDSM - MID - CBM - CSM - MSM - NCD - NMAM
|Service:|| POW - SAPCM - MOM - HWC - HOSM |
GACM - KR3CM - QE3CM - MCAM - MtSM
MRSM - GCM - SSD - RTR - NCOSCR
|Unit Citations:||LHC - RUC - RMU - FEA|
|Qualifications of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|OSWP - ESWP - NRM - NPM - OAW - EAW - FMF Civilian Pin|